Wednesday, July 24, 2013

More on Rose that Grew from Concrete and rosa do povo: An Ugly Win is a Win

I wrote and live edited a post featuring The Rose that Grew from Concrete Poem and rosa do povo on Love Mekanism Project. The second related article was Nerd Words: et Tu, Rose?

My hands interpreted as my mind recalled Tupac's poem but not more so than the interview when he discussed story. The imagery in my head was striking to me because, those days he had seen his share of troubles, but his face beamed as if he had none while his words took him to this art- The Rose... In a calm but passionate tone, he described its battered condition in words and gestures while smiling because he could see what others could not. While their eyes were fixed on the cleanliness (purity) of this rose, his were fixed on the wonder of its perseverance.

In a culture that places such a high value on impossible standards of perfection, beauty, and at times-rigid idealism, it is up to the individual to remember that while the goals, tasks, and objectives may change, the vision does not, and it's not always pretty. But the beauty is not always how you look when you come out, but that you do came out. In retrospect, that was one of those moments- even as a young teen, when I knew that what I heard was special and would one day show up when I needed it most.

I also looked for artwork to to decorate it for you-- one that reflects this emotion, I just could not. But I did find many stunning, beautiful works- some more creative than I could have dreamt. They were mostly too perfect for my mind's interpretation- already tainted for too many years with Tupac's haunting description, but I want to share this quick video I managed to find of it re-aired so your mind might draw your own rose. Enjoy! -lovemeka

If you like this post, "Like" or G+ it here then head over to Love Mekanism Project at lovemekanism.org and read these rose metaphor inspired articles. Thank you for reading. #lovemeka

No comments:

Post a Comment