Tuesday, October 22, 2013

More on Poem 23: If My Love Were Your Drug

Commentary on my latest poem, "If My Love Were Your Drug" on Lovemekanism.org

Well we've all heard the term. Do you remember Ke$ha's earworm they used to play over and over on one of the local radio stations a few years ago? But right now among my circle of friends and any little influence I may have, it's like Spring in the Fall- as if everyone is falling in LOOOVE!! You know I cannot resist love.



Even yesterday, my social feeds gave me post after post describing the elation of new and renewed romantic love, and I was inspired to write for them all. No less than one line in, I was already heading in the direction of love as a controlled substance, and I just couldn't take another direction. I was a little nervous about executing it with my limited knowledge on the subject matter, but as you can see, I decided to go ahead and keep typing. What the hell... I know a bit about love, and I've seen a few good movies about drugs. Voila! 2 points for Love and Art in film. Enjoy!

Here is a link to my latest art, a poem called "If My Love Were Your Drug"



As always, thank you so much for reading. Don't forget to follow Love Mekanism Project on your favorite social media:




Lovemekanism.org Art and Humanities Blog

And of course don't forget to add Love Mekanism Project at Google to your Circles

-LoveMeka

No comments:

Post a Comment